Bryn Mawr Summer School for Women Workers in Industry
Dedicated: Saturday, October 13, 2001
County: Montgomery
Marker Type: Roadside
GIS Coordinates: 40.02405-75.31397

Location: Bryn Mawr Campus, Morris Ave. at Yarrow St., Bryn Mawr

Marker Text: A pioneering liberal arts school for working women was held here on the campus of Bryn Mawr College, 1921-1938. Led by Hilda Worthington Smith, it graduated over 1,700 students from diverse racial, ethnic and geographic backgrounds; some became community, labor union, and public leaders. The school served as a model for workers' and labor education programs at colleges and universities across the nation.

Advanced Search