MG-367. LAWRIE AND GREEN COLLECTION, [ca. 1922-1960].

In 1922 Harrisburg architect M. Edwin Green (1897-1985) joined
with Pittsburgh engineer Ritchie Lawrie (1890-1962) to form the Harrisburg architectural firm of Lawrie and Green. Disbanded in 1972, the firm designed several hundred buildings throughout central Pennsylvania, including the North Office Building, the State Farm Show Complex, the Dauphin County Courthouse, and the William Penn Memorial Museum and Archives Building in Harrisburg. Many of the school buildings, such as the Stevens Elementary School in Carlisle, served large numbers of African American students.

Return to Index | PHMC Home | State Archives |