MG-391. PENNSYLVANIA VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION COLLECTION, 1914-1983.
Dedicated to the care and welfare of domesticated animals in Pennsylvania, the Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association was established in Philadelphia in 1883. The collection includes minutes, newsletters, and annual meeting records of the association as well as some material pertaining to the United States Veterinary Medical Association and related subjects. Among the photographs, 1905-1982, in the series labeled History Book Research Materials, is a picture of two African Americans performing surgery on animals, one of whom is identified as "Doctor Hodges."