Manuscript Group 458
THE NANCY SHEDD COLLECTION
.25 cubic feet
1. John M. Rinker. Commission as Lieutenant, U.S. Navy, February 21, 1828. Signed by John Quincy Adams.
2. Deed. Isaac & Martha Harvey to William Jones. Burmingham Township, Chester County, May 13, 1747.
2. Patent. James Finney, Lancaster County, January 24, 1775.
3. Patent. John Russel, Northampton County, November 18, 1846. (Patent book vol. 46, p. 16).
4. Land grant on the Ohio River to Edmund Parrish, April 18, 1788. Signed by Governor of Virginia, Edmund Randolph, also a member of the Continental Congress and Federal Constitutional Convention.
5. Patent. James Murray, Northumberland County, June 30, 1774. (Patent Book vol. 14, p. 502).
6. Patent. Benjamin Wilson, Northumberland County, March 29, 1794. (Patent Book vol. 20 p. 359). Signed by Thomas Mifflin.
7. Deed. Peter Jaquet to Robert Morris, Newcastle Delaware, August 1, 1782.
8. Patent. Tench Coxe, Bedford County, December 6, 1786. (Patent Book, no. 8 p. 188).
9. Patent. Valentine Keyser, Northampton County, June 27, 1794. (Patent Book vol. 22, pg. 108).
10. Patent. Michael Gartner, Christopher Schultz and others. Fulton County, February 4, 1870. (Patent Book, vol. 65, p. 387).
11. Partition Deed. Frederick Rotan to William Rotan, Philadelphia, Sept. 12, 1832.
12. Grants. The State of South Carolina to David Coalter and James Stewart, April 26, 1796. Notarized in Philadelphia by Clement Biddle and Governor's seal.
13. Deed. Joseph Townsend of Philadelphia and John Bearzly of New Jersey for land in New Jersey, January 1, 1733.
14. Patent. Jane Bradshaw & Jesse Dyer, Northampton County, March 9, 1824. (Patent Book vol. 21, p. 279).
15. Patent. Robert Morris, Mifflin County, July 14, 1794. (Patent Book 21, p. 421).
16. Petition to Court of Quarter Sessions, Cumberland County, July 1767 from the subscribers Inhabitants of Kishacoquillis ? Creek Lost Creek Juniata Tuscarora for a Road. Fragment.
17. Petition to Court of Quarter Sessions, Cumberland County, July 1760 from Inhabitants of? for Road from Nickles Gap to Fourt (sic) Loudon or McDowell's Mill.
18. Act of General Assembly, Cumberland County divides into districts, ca. March 10, 1762. 2 pieces.
19. Deed. Jacob Sonfrank to Philip Deal, Washington County, Nov. 25, 1778.
20. Court order to Mark the divide Peter's Township from Antrim Township, April 22, 1769.
21. Petition to Court of General Quarter Sessions, Cumberland County, April 1770 for Road through Tuscarora Valley. 2 pieces.
22. Court Order. Court of Quarter Sessions, Lancaster County, November 1747 to lay our a road through Marsh Creek & Conowago Settlements. 2 pieces.
The container listings for this Manuscript Group are available for viewing and word-searching in PDF format:
Land and Legal Papers, 1747-1870. (1 map folder, 1 half-box)
PA State Archives
Hours, Directions, & Fees
Finding Aids for Collections
Search Archives Finding Aids