PA State Archives Hours, Directions, & Fees Research Topics Finding Aids for Collections Land Records

 

 

 


Pennsylvania Canal Maps

Map Book #7

Please select a map tile to view larger version (individual tiles are PDF files, approximately 1-2 MB in size)

 

Book 07, page 00

Index. (1 section)

Book 07, page ## (no page number)

"Map and Profile of a Canal-Line; from the French Creek Aqueduct to the mouth of Little Sugar Creek, 1832." (1 section)

Book 07, page 01

[Canal connection with the Schuykill permanent bridge and the Schuylkill River], F. Erdmann, February 18th. 1831. (2 sections)

Book 07, page 02

"Elevation of the South front of the cut through the abutment of the S. P. Bridge with the floor Framing of one of the Bridges, etc.," n.d. (2 sections)

Book 07, page 03

No. 2 "Plan Showing the manner in which the contemplated Canal passes around the Western abutment of the Market Street Bridge," n.d. W. H. Wil... (2 sections)

Book 07, page 04

[Bridge span, unfinished, unidentified], n.d. (1 section)

Book 07, page 05

[Sections No. 5, No. 6, Aqueduct Section, No. 1, No. 7 (part)], n.d. No. 2. Exhibited at the letting at Williamsport 29 June 1831-24 Aug. 1831 - Level raised 2 feet. Exhd. at Wmsport 17 June 1832-let Agt. Sec. No. 1. (1 section)

Book 07, page 06

[Bridge span, unfinished, unidentified], n.d. (1 section)

Book 07, page 07

[Sections No. 9, No. 10], n.d. No. 4. Exhibited at the letting at Williamsport 29 June 1831 - Level raised 2 feet. Exhd. at Wmsport 27 June 1832. Let Sec. No. 9. (1 section)

Book 07, page 08

[Sections No. 27, No. 28, Dam Section No. 2], n.d. No. 13. Exhibited at the letting at Williamsport, 29 June 1831. Shows: Dams 3 & 4, Crane's Island. (1 section)

Book 07, page 09

[Sections No. 44, No. 45, No. 46], n.d. No. 19. Exhibited at the letting at Williamsport 29 June 1831. (1 section)

Book 07, page 10

[Sections No. 18, No. 19, Lock Section No. 1], n.d. Exhd at Williamsport to Sept. 1832 Letting. Shows: Bailey's Island (part). (1 section)

Book 07, page 11

"Section of Pier, End View, Piling, Ground Plan," n.d. (1 section)

Book 07, page 12

[Sections No. 7 and No. 8], n.d. No. 3. Exhibited at the letting at Williamsport 29 June 1831-& 24 Aug. 1831. Shows: Crawford's Tannery and House. (1 section)

Book 07, page 13

[Sections No. 11 and No. 12], n.d. No. 5. Exhibited at the letting at Williamsport 29 June 1831- Level raised 2 feet. Exhd. at letting Wmsport 27 June 1832. let Sec. 12. West Branch Division. (1 section)

Book 07, page 14

[Sections No. 17 and No. 18], n.d. No. 8. Exhibited at the letting at Williamsport 29 June 1831- (1 section)

Book 07, page 15

[Sections No. 33 and No. 34, Lock Sec. No. 4], n.d. No. 15. Exhibited at the letting at Williamsport, 29 June 1831-Level raised 9 feet 4 in. Exhd. at letting Wmsport 27 June 1832, 6 Sept. 1832. (1 section)

Book 07, page 16

[Sections No. 23 and No. 24], n.d. No 11. Exhibited at the letting at Williamsport 29 June 1831. (1 section)

Book 07, page 17

[Sections No. 22 and No. 23], n.d. (1 section)

Book 07, page 18

[Abutments], n.d. (1 section)

Book 07, page 19

[Sections No. 20 and No. 21], n.d. Exhd. at letting 15 Mar. 1833. Shows: Bailey's Island (east). (1 section)

Book 07, page 20

"Map exhibiting the connection of the Wiconisco Canal with the Pennsylvania Canal at Clark's Ferry." Samuel H. Kneass, Engineer of the Wiconisco Canal Company, Halifax, 29th. January 1846. Shows: Profile. (2 sections)

Book 07, page 21

"Map of Shamokin Dam at Sunbury Pa." Made by J. F. Burgin, Northumberland, 1855. (2 sections)

Book 07, page 22

"Project for Replacing the Shamokin Dam at Sunbury Pa." Under consultation of Jas. Dieffenbacher Esqr. made by J. F. Burgin, C. Engr. 1855. Shows: Profile and Ground Plan. (2 sections)

Book 07, page 23

"The Map or Plan of the Bridge Over the River Schuylkill and the Rail Road From the foot of the Inclined Plane to the corner of Broad and Vine Streets in the County of Philadelphia With the Appurtenances Referred to in the Indenture Hereunto Annexed and Forming Part Therof." Morris Longstreth, President of the Board of Canal Commissioners. Israel Painter, John A. Gamble. (12 sections)

Book 07, page 24

"Map of the Canal Route Between Pittsburg and Conneaut Lake, Surveyed A.D. 1827." Charles T. Whippo, Civil Engineer. Drawn by Matthew R. Stealey. (8 sections)

Book 07, page 25

"Plan, Elevation and Section Illustrative of the Report of Messrs. Schlatter, Foster, Roberts and Warford on the Shamokin Dam." This drawing is not made to any particular scale, but is simply intended to illustrate the Report on the Shamokin Dam of August 30th. 1842. Engineers office, Harrisburg, Octr. 12th. 1842. (4 sections)

Book 07, page 26

"Gettysburg Extension of the Pennsylvania Rail Road, No. 3," n.d. (3 sections)

Book 07, page 27

"Gettysburg Extension of the Pennsylvania Rail Road, No. 1," n.d. (8 sections)

Book 07, page 27

"Gettysburg Extension of the Pennsylvania Rail Road, No. 2," n.d. (6 sections)

Book 07, page 27.5

"Map and Profile of the Gettysburg Railroad as Surveyed by Order of the Legislature of Pennsylvania, 1839." H. R. Campbell, Engineer. P. S. Duval, Lith. Philadelphia. (2 sections)

Book 07, page 28

"Map of the proposed extension of The Delaware Division of the Pennsylvania Canal From Bristol to Philadelphia. Located by J. Edgar Thomson, Civ. Engineer, 1832." Drawn by John C. Trautwine. (8 sections)

Book 07, page 28.5

"Plan and Section of a Survey for a Canal commencing at Fair Mount Dam and extending along the western slope of the River Schuykill to Mill Creek. Laid down from surveys made during the year 1833." By J. Edgar Thomson. Civil Engineer. Drawn by John C. Trautwine, Assist. Engr. (1 section)

PA State Archives Hours, Directions, & Fees Research Topics Finding Aids for Collections Land Records