Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission
Pennsylvania State Archives
Records of the Land Office
WARRANT REGISTERS, 1733-1957. [series #17.88]
*MIFFLIN COUNTY Document Images*
The entries in this warrant register are arranged alphabetically by the first
letter of the warrantee's surname, then chronologically by warrant date. To perform
a search, use the following steps:
- Click on the first page number under the letter of the alphabet below that
corresponds to the first letter of the surname in which you are interested
(e.g., select "G" if you are hunting the name "Gundrum").
- Skim down the column labeled "Name of Warrantee," looking for
the name for which you are searching.
- The entries within each letter of the alphabet are usually listed chronologically
by the date of the warrant. If you know the warrant date, you can scroll directly
to that line.
- For most letters of the alphabet, you will find multiple pages. If you
do not find the name in which you are interested on the first page, try the
subsequent pages under that letter of the alphabet.
- As you locate entries pertaining to your research, copy ALL information
found in the index. Each column provides data that will be significant in
locating the original records.
- The number in front of the name is the warrant number; it is essential
for locating the original warrant. Warrants are filed by county, then alphabetically
by the first letter of the warrantee's surname, and thereunder by warrant
number (e.g., G45 in Fayette County would be the 45th warrant filed in that
county for a warrantee whose name started with the letter "G").
- The letter and numbers in the column "Where Recorded" refer to
the patent book and page number. Every patent book reference will have a letter
and a number for the book citation and a page number. For example, "H
/ 39 / 389" should be interpreted as Patent Book H-39, page 389. There
are only four lettered series of patent books: "A," "AA,"
"P" and "H."
- The letter and numbers in the column "Where Survey is Copied"
refer to the survey book and page number. Every survey book reference will
contain a letter and usually two numbers for the book citation and a page
number. For example, "D / 17 / 177" should be interpreted as Survey
Book D-17, page 177. If the survey book reference
has only one number, then only a letter was used to identify that survey book.
For example, "L / 195" is Survey Book L, page 195.
- To order copies of the records, provide the appropriate citations to the
Pennsylvania State Archives, 350 North Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120-0090 (717)
783-2669 or (717) 783-3281
- A current land records order form and price list
may be accessed on our website.
MIFFLIN COUNTY WARRANT REGISTER PAGES
(*Note: page numbers below may not correspond exactly to page numbers on images)